IEEE Communications Society
Founded in 1952 with the formation of IRE’s (the Institute of Radio Engineers) Professional Group on Communications Systems (PGCS), IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc) has evolved into a diverse group of global industry professionals with a common interest in advancing all communications technologies.
Communications Society (ComSoc) at IEEE-VBIT SB was initiated in the year 2012. The main motto of establishing Communications Society at IEEE-VBIT SB was to make a developing engineer understand the seamless connection between Electronics and Communication. COMSOC IEEE-VBIT SB aims to show the importance of Communications and their applications in the field of engineering and sciences. Communications
Society at IEEE-VBIT SB aims to prepare an engineer in all possible ways to make him/her field ready. COMSOC has organized many events in the past that were not only knowledgeable but were also fruitful to the engineers of VBIT and many other colleges. With a good membership base of around 20 members which includes the ComSoc executive committee as well as volunteers, ComSoc IEEE-VBIT SB has made a profound impact on many engineers over the years with unique and innovative events.
- To get all the students onto a common platform to share, view and express their thought and ideas.
- To make the students truly understand the seamless integration and relation between Electronics and Communications.
- To create awareness and acquire knowledge on various issues related to communication.
- Acquire knowledge on current affairs and technical issues.
- Creating a platform for them to interact with various people around the world.
- Enlightening their minds with a series of guest lectures and workshops from eminent personalities.